Our annual impact report celebrates the achievements of our children, young people, foster carers and staff, with stories from across our residential homes, foster homes, semi-independent homes and specialist support services.
We hope you enjoy St Christopher’s Impact Report 2022, which is available in the link or below.
Read our Impact Report
Elevating young people’s voices
Our impact reports are co-produced with young people to give them a voice and empower them to take ownership of their stories.
Getting young people involved in the impact report means we can share their experiences and expertise first-hand, which we believe is much more powerful than us simply telling you about ourselves. Here’s what this looks like in 2022:
- Dan has written an inspiring introduction on page 3 about how St Christopher’s helped him during care and as a care leaver.
- On page 9, you can read about Rob’s experience transitioning from care to independence with our Isle of Man services.
- Young people, foster carers and adopters shared deeply personal stories of working with our therapeutic teams on page 14-15.
- Hannah tells us what it’s like to be an apprenticeship at St Christopher’s on page 23 and how the experience will help her reach her future career goals.
- Lucy interviewed our Chief Executive and Chairs on page 24-25, grilling them on their plans for St Christopher’s.
- Young people proofread the report to make sure they are happy with how they are represented in line with our ‘We Say It’s Okay’ policy.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this impact report – we couldn’t have done it without you!
“I am thrilled to share our Impact Report 2022 with the world. Our young people have achieved so many things, which are even more impressive considering the challenges we have all faced during the past year. I feel so proud to be part of this charity that is doing life-changing work every single day, and I hope everyone else who reads this report is proud too.”Jonathan Whalley, Chief Executive