Our mission is to create brighter futures for children and young people. We do this by providing fostering, residential and support services where children and young people can feel safe and cared for. We support them to make positive relationships which give them the confidence to succeed.
Information for families of children living with St Christopher’s
If your child is living with St Christopher’s, either in one of our children’s homes, 16+ services or foster homes, we want to reassure you about how we are looking after them during the coronavirus outbreak.
We are doing the following things to support young people through these challenging times:
- Following the most up to date advice from the UK and Isle of Man Governments (depending on the country your child lives) with regard to social distancing, self-isolation and preventing the spread of coronavirus
- Collaborating with local authorities to collect Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to reduce the spread of infection
- Talking sensitively with young people about news updates so they can understand what is happening in the wider world and how they can play their part in reducing the spread of coronavirus by staying in
- Creating weekly timetables of activities that can be accessed remotely (via the internet) so young people can continue to socialise and engage with young people and staff from across St Christopher’s
- Staff teams working closely with our therapeutic service so that they can support young people with their mental health and any anxieties they may be having