Carebank Children’s Residential Worker North & West London
Children Residential Support Workers
£10.20 per hour
Variable hours (24 hours rota)
North & West London
We are recruiting for Children’s Residential Workers Carebank workers to join our existing staff team across our services in London. We are looking for individuals who can positively engage with young people and who are passionate about improving their life chances, no matter how challenging the circumstances.
You will join a team of St Christopher’s Carebank workers providing staff cover across our services. In residential children’s homes you will provide day to day care for children aged 12- 18. Administrative work and record keeping are essential.
With 24 hour rotas, the work can include weekends, bank holidays, early and late shifts, sleep-ins and waking nights. You will need to possess strong communication skills and the ability to function effectively within diverse teams.
To apply you will have:
- Have direct experience in working with children in a residential setting
- Hold a vocational qualification at a minimum of level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) (QCF) or equivalent
- The ability to motivate and inspire young people to achieve success
- Patience and resilience to cope with challenging behaviour
- The ability to be a positive role model
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Access to reliable transport
- Flexibility to work shifts, including nights, weekends and bank holidays
St Christopher’s takes its responsibilities towards safeguarding children extremely seriously. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS (police) checks and only official application forms will be accepted, (CVs will not be considered).
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Interviews take place monthly
Note: As we are a charity efficiency of our spending is paramount to us delivering our front line services. As such only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We would, therefore, like to thank you at this stage for any interest you may show in St Christopher’s.