Our services for vulnerable children and young people
St Christopher’s is proud to have been working in partnership with the Isle of Man Government and Department of Social Care since 2004.
We provide services on the island for vulnerable children and young people including:
Our initiatives on the Isle of Man include:
- Semi-independent community living, providing supported transition to independence and adulthood
- Supported lodgings – individuals, couples and families who open their homes to provide accommodation to 16-18 year olds in need of support
- Link workers providing a young person-centred, joined-up service between our children’s homes, aftercare services and supported housing team to prepare to support young people in their transition to semi-independence
- Smaller children’s homes – flexible and adaptable care tailored to the individual needs of young people
- Community intervention – working with young people at risk of offending or admission to the secure care home, offering family group conferencing, mediation, restorative justice and group work
- Education day support – helping any young person in our care to get back into mainstream education or training
What people say about our Isle of Man services
“The staff group are well led, versatile and dynamic and present as dedicated and professional.” Isle of Man Inspection Report
Contact us today to find out more about our Isle of Man services and how we are helping young people to create a brighter future.